- Hike It Florida is looking for a candidate with a strong desire to work in the social media industry. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites and a love for the outdoors. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to website redesign projects, monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimizing our website and conducting keyword analysis. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply.
a. Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
b. Increase the number of followers we have on social media by following and engaging with potential clients and candidates.
c. Monitoring and replying to clients
d. Create engaging blog and social media content on a weekly basis and using tools to plan forward-looking posts over weekends and holidays
e. Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Excellent GCSEs, A-levels or equivalent, particularly in English or Literature
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work
- An entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn
- A proactive, service-focused attitude towards clients and candidates and the teams you support internally
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and a robust/resilient attitude towards challenges
- An ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times and minimal fuss
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team.
Ability to attend any of the many Hike It Florida events that space allows.