First and foremost, Hike It Florida is a family: a diverse group of people dedicated to one another and the clients we have served for over the years. Our ultimate focus is to provide life changing experiences through the dynamic adventure of wilderness expeditions.
At Hike It Florida, our mission—changing people's lives through exceptional travel—compels us to make a positive impact in the lives of our clients, our communities, and ourselves.
Our core values keep us focused on that mission and inform every choice that we make:
I - INTEGRITY guides our work and the relationships on which our work and success hinge
M - Travel is MAGIC and we hold the wand. Dazzle and delight. Be tireless in the search for places and experiences that will take a traveler's breath away.
P - PASSION for travel is the reason why we're here. Let that blast through loud and clear—in your thoughts, your words, and most importantly, your actions.
A - ACTION is where it happens. Take personal pride in diligent follow-through, timely execution, and expert delivery—our hallmarks of excellence.
C - CONNECTION enlivens us as human beings and makes our work meaningful. Truly connect with your clients and peers, our providers and industry, and of course, the world around us, near and far.
T - Know what is TRUE for Hike It Florida, find what is true for you, and make possible what is true for others.
Hike It Florida is looking for motivated, outgoing individuals that enjoys the outdoors and enjoys teaching others about the outdoors. Our adventures occur all over Florida and around the US. We specialize in hiking, camping, backpacking, Appalachian Trail guided hikes, Leave No Trace principals, classes, on a year around schedule.
- Hike It Florida is a drug, alcohol and tobacco free organization. Violation of the drug, alcohol and tobacco policies is cause for immediate termination.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must consent and pass a Back Ground Criminal screening
- Be in good physical condition
- Never have been convicted of child abuse, or any other crime in which the victim was a child
1. Desire to be a quality role model, and to see people learn new skills and gain valuable experiences.
2. Is in agreement with Hike it Florida’s philosophy and policies.
3. Eagerness to learn and a desire to work with youth and adults of all ethnicities and economic backgrounds.
4. Previous wilderness camping and backpacking experience is beneficial, but not required.
5. Enjoys wilderness travel and sharing outdoor experiences with people of all ages.
6. Is able to function professionally under stressful situations.
7. Willingness to put in long hours.
8. Able to organize and lead recreational and educational activities and initiatives.
9. Is able to display teaching ability with a constant emphasis on safety.
10. Shows good communication skills and ability to understand people.
11. Willing to forego personal rights for the common good of Hike It Florida and its participants.
12. Willing to work outdoors in a camp environment.
13. Holds, or is willing to receive training in:
a. First aid
b. CPR for the Professional Rescuer certifications
c. Wilderness First Aid
14. Has a driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Competitive pay
- Ability to gain valuable training, skills and experience in many of the following areas:
- Group management
- Event coordinating
- Trip Planning
- Ability and freedom to travel.
- Food and lodging during extended trips.
- Connections/networking for possible future employment.