First and foremost, Hike It Florida is a family: a diverse group of people dedicated to one another and the clients we have served for over the years. Our ultimate focus is to provide life changing experiences through the dynamic adventure of wilderness expeditions.
At Hike It Florida, our mission—changing people’s lives through exceptional travel—compels us to make a positive impact in the lives of our clients, our communities, and ourselves.
Our core values keep us focused on that mission and inform every choice that we make:
I – INTEGRITY guides our work and the relationships on which our work and success hinge
M – Travel is MAGIC and we hold the wand. Dazzle and delight. Be tireless in the search for places and experiences that will take a traveler’s breath away.
P – PASSION for travel is the reason why we’re here. Let that blast through loud and clear—in your thoughts, your words, and most importantly, your actions.
A – ACTION is where it happens. Take personal pride in diligent follow-through, timely execution, and expert delivery—our hallmarks of excellence.
C – CONNECTION enlivens us as human beings and makes our work meaningful. Truly connect with your clients and peers, our providers and industry, and of course, the world around us, near and far.
T – Know what is TRUE for Hike It Florida, find what is true for you, and make possible what is true for others.
Under the supervision of the Lead Camp Counselor, the Camp Counselor is responsible for the direct care, supervision and well being of all children enrolled in Summer Camp, for children ages 5-11. Essential Functions
• Release children ONLY to authorized persons (must ask for ID)
• Organizes and executes all activities for enrolled children.
• Monitors the program area at all times to ensure safety, and immediately makes changes as necessary.
• Provides a positive environment for all participants, and actively encourages participation to ensure growth and development.
• Exemplifies appropriate behavior and is a role model for participants; actively listens to all children and shows patience, understanding, and respect for others.
• Instructs and guides participants through the rules of the program and ensures adherence; disciplines children within established guidelines of Hike It Florida and parent, and only when appropriate.
• Immediately reports all unusual incidents or accidents to the the Lead Camp counselor and Program Director, and fills out all applicable and necessary reports.
• Records daily attendance and maintains accurate and complete records.
• Ensures the childcare facility is neat, orderly and free of all safety impediments.
• Develops and fosters interpersonal relationships between participants, and is pro-active creating an environment of cooperation, friendliness, and helpfulness towards staff and customers.
• Develops and maintains age appropriate activities.
• Ensures all necessary supplies are on hand and well maintained at all times.
• Other job-related duties as assigned may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
• Minimum of 16 years of age prior to the start of camp.
• Successfully complete State of Florida Criminal History Background Check requirements
• Prior experience working with children
• Able to adhere to drug/alcohol/smoke free workplace policy
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Positive attitude